The Best of 2014, and What Lies Ahead
This last year marked the year I launched this blog, my blog.
I’ve had these ideas running around in my head for quite a while now, and this was the year that I finally did something about it. I shipped. I finally gave expression to some of those ideas, and in the process I connected with some awesome people. I also learned a thing or two.
And I realized that although I might have ideas about all kinds of subjects, there is one theme I keep coming back to. Leadership. And in my case, which might also be your case, I call it Personal Leadership.
Here’s a quick list of my 3 favorite blog posts from last year:
- “How Do You Lead From the Gutter? With a Rhythm and a Road.” The rhythm and the road were big themes for me in 2014, and you’re going to hearing more about them in 2015.
- “Hey, Bloggers: Take Us Somewhere Fun.” 2014 was the year I started blogging, and it was also the year I started following a whole bunch of bloggers. This taught me a lot about leadership. And that reminded me about how we should not neglect the concept of F-U-N.
- “Personal Leadership 101: Avoid Toxic Personalities (Present Company Included).” I wrote this out of appreciation for all those people who have had to endure a freak-out from me. 2014 was a year of growth for this guy, and so is 2015!
Wanna help make this year even more awesome? Share these posts with people you believe will benefit from them on social media. (Just click on the social sharing links at the bottom).
Also, here are my 3 favorite blog posts from this past year that weren’t written by me:
- “Monsters & Thieves” by Nathan Kontny. In 2014, Nathan Kontny became the CEO of Highrise, he also wrote his first post for the landmark technology blog Signal v. Noise. Nathan has encouraged me in my philosophy of CRM – customer relations management. Or as I like to look at it, relationships-with-all-people. You’ll being hearing more from me on the matter in 2015. (You should reach out to Nathan on Twitter, he’s super-friendly and helpful.)
- “Inside the Design Team at Authentic Jobs” by Conor O’Driscoll. InVision has a blog that interviews awesome designers in their awesome workspaces. It has been an opportunity to learn so much from these pros. My favorite was the interview with Cameron Moll of Authentic Jobs. (Note: I also got to meet the InVision CEO Clark Valberg this year – awesome dude!)
- “Stop Searching for Lifehacks. Focus on This Instead.” by Gregory Ciotti. I like this guy – he writes about what matters. His About page says it best: “If you enjoy seeing well-established research applied to practical lessons on creative work and human behavior, you’re in the right place.” Nuff said.
So what’s in store for 2015?
I’m stoked to say that I’m working on my first learning course. It’s expected to be available this Spring. It incorporates the cornerstone themes I write about in a comprehensive way. It is designed to provide you with tools to map your entire life out – your rhythm and your road.
Stay tuned, and here’s to a great 2015 of personal leadership!